Monday, February 4, 2013

My girls


He's gonna take my girls
My babies
If I do or say anything against him
What he wants goes
That's just the bottom line

Housing, food, presence
Where is he?
He said no. Don't like the neighborhood.
So I turn down the 3bedroom
No.
I'm living at my grandma's
He is couch surfing with friends
He asks for money, so I give it. And more. And more.
Til I i need to ask grandma for some money for milk.
And is he working?
No.
Every month.
I can't say no.

"nooo don't tell daddy!"
They are scared of him too
I'm surprised grandma hasn't strangled him!
But dont you dare say anything against him!
He's my man.

He is all I've got. Right? I love him... Don't I? He wants me, doesn't he? I matter?

I do what he says because we are in a relationship!
...And he threatens to take away my girls.
forever.
I can't live with that.
They need a mommy.
They need a daddy!

This is what I've got. Don't tell me to change. Him or me - I can't.
No.
What he sayes goes. That's just the bottom line.

----
This is my friend's granddaughter's story. My friend (the grandma) is grieving, angry, frustrated - what can she do?! Its so hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment