Wednesday, August 8, 2012

I matter

Im ready. we're going to make some money.
everybody thinks im so young. that i can't do anything. But He believes in me.
Im fast, and despite the fact that most of the big stores recognize me and kick me out when i come close, i still do pretty well shop lifting.
He doesn't have to worry. I'll follow through.
My cousin has the job set up, and she sticks to what she says. she aint on drugs or anything like that.
He reminds me to smile - gosh, of course i know that. Im no spring chicken. Yeah im 15, but i know the ropes now.
I can contribute my fair share. He doesn't have to work so hard tomorrow if we pull this off. If i can please this guy. well, hopefully just one. I hate it when im surprised by a whole group of them.
but im strong.
He says he just wants a real job again. I don't remember, but he tells me he used to work for a Taxi company in Quincy. They hate his guts now, and owe him $300.00. bummer.
Geeze he's talking so loud, and we're on the T.
This girl next to us has her buds in, but i wonder if she's hearing him joking about lifting the widescreen TV? Oh well. who cares. Play it cool. Its not like she would do anything about it anyway. What could she do?
Im sick and tired of caring what other people think.
Can't I be treated like everyone else? I just want to matter. I want to belong. I want to be seen as worth something.
But tonight i guess i am worth something. I'll be making him some money. maybe it will help out my family too.
Here's our stop. I guess we'll see what happens.

I overheard a young girl talking with an older guy on the T the other day... i don't know the story, but without a lot of imagination, this is my interpretation of what may have been going on in her head. Sad how many girls are in this same place. 
How are we going to respond?!

No comments:

Post a Comment