Monday, August 6, 2012

Who's loving..?


Hear the cry of the broken
Even when “they” are hurting the other
Perpetrators, deemed evil, they cry out against the status quo. The molds they are put in as troublemakers.. juvies.. inmates. Dropouts
What choice do they have?
Who hears them?
Who loves them?
Trapped in a world where the weak link is gunned down. Resisting the violence is cowardice.
Money is power and power is survival. It’s a game. A very real and present game.

“Im tired of bein’ poor and even worse im black. 
My stomach hurts, so im lookin’ for a purse to snatch”

Their instinct is to protect the ones they care about
They’d die
They’d kill
But who is it they care about protecting?
Who’s their family? Who cares for them?
Where are they accepted?
The drug lord listened to me
He gave me a purpose
I mattered – to someone
This gang - I was part of a family who stood up for me. Who relied on me.
Our lives were intertwined – living, dying, revenging, life is short.
Get what you can, while you can. Im in the game. I can prove my worth. But there’s more than this!
Im trapped in a web of promises, threats, deals and fears.
No backing out – but going where?
We are family but no trust
Manipulation
Lies
What do words mean? Emotions?
What is love?
Im tired!

Listen to the cry 2pac cries- 
“ohhh… tired of the strain and the pain! There’s so much pain!”

“Even as a youngster causin- ruckus on the back of the bus
I was a fool all through high school kickin’ up dust
Bust now im labeled as a trouble maker who can you blame?
Smoking weed helped me take away the pain
So im hopeless rollin’ down the freeway swerving, don’t worry
Im about to crash up on the crub cause my visions blurry
Maybe if they tried to understand me, what should I do?
 Had to feed my f***n’ family, what else could I do
but be a thug”

2Pac gives voice to our youths' heart cries.
Church are we listening?
God’s heart breaks to see his kids forced into these cages of violence and despair
Maybe if we tried to understand them?
Truly see the pain they are in
Just stop and listen
Listen past the four letter words
The drugs and tattoos that mask, the weapons that blockade
Listen through the tough skin of hopelessness
I long to see freedom from this bondage
Reconciliation with those used and exploited, to a life lived for justice, mercy, and joy in hope!
Life valued – in themselves and others
Named
Given place and belonging in community
Loved and loving

No comments:

Post a Comment