Sunday, March 25, 2012

Release

The invitation into the extraordinary is extended to everyone! that hit me this weekend in a new way.
So i am called, but so are others... really there is nothing special there - and everything is special.

I was on a retreat at Still Harbor this weekend, and there are many many thoughts to share, but his poem came this morning, as we were reflecting on the the weekend and what we came in as "knowing to be true"and what we are taking away.
my last on a list of things i "knew to be true"i wrote down on friday was "I am called to speak up for those who are not heard" But i was realizing saying "Be a voice for the voiceless" is very different from the call in Isaiah 42:6-7 that i connect with my calling in many ways.

So, here goes:

Release

Before, I heard a call to be a voice
   to speak
   to yell
No one is listening
   to those on the fringes, the margins.
They do have a voice but it is not heard and I pound my fists
     Hello?!!
Truth is in love of others, in life, in community
What do i know?
    Know for certain to be true
God is. Love.
Yes, and truth is, alive.
    breathing.
Seek in wonder
   open your eyes and see
       the gift that is
let go of what should be better
   as if I know
      truth
   for her?
Her voice may no be heard, but she is.
  what is her truth?
  vital = life giving, dreams and hopes
     and yes, fears?
Perhaps I heard the call and jumped to the wrong conclusion
    I am not to speak for her - Release!
"Open eyes that are blind"
          so they can see
    the gift that is
"Free captives from prison"
          so they can walk, explore, speak
    in freedom, themselves free
"and release from the dungeon
           those who sit in darkness"
    to light.
Truth is alive, and I don't know what it is
     she is trying to say
           so step out into the light
     open your eyes
           listen
Release.


Isaiah 42:6-7


No comments:

Post a Comment